Terms and condition
Home/Terms and condition
Terms and condition
WiderAcad is determined to provide the following services.
Lost & Found
Community members including students and faculties of the Institute or University can retrieve their lost items such as wallets, mobile phones, keyrings, etc that may have been found by others inside the campus, by posting it in the lost and found sections. The lost and found data once posted on the WiderAcad website never gets shared with any person not having the email Id provided by the same Institute or University.
Anyone from the Institute or University can sell or donate his or her old stuff like bicycles, books and any other things to the person in need inside the campus, availing the Donate-Sell facility of WiderAcad. The Donate-Sell data once posted on the WiderAcad website never gets shared with any person not having the email Id provided by the same Institute or University.
Generally, selling items will earn you a greater return than donating them, but practically there’s a bigger time investment when it comes to selling items.
In vain have you
(c.900, commentary on the Book of Deuteronomy)
Scientia potentia est:
(1561 – 1626, English philosopher, statesman, and scientist)
Senior students can enjoy sharing knowledge by helping junior students in clearing their doubts, sitting together. Faculty members can take part too, they can share their answers and explanations online in the Tutorial section itself.
Posting Ad & Notice
WiderAcad is highly dedicated to acting as an online media platform focusing only on the academic contents that will minimize the communication gap among educational organizations nationally and internationally. Advertisers have the opportunity to choose the appropriate audience for their subject of advertisement to gain high extent of involvement of concerned academicians that may enhance the quality of study and research. Generally, students are not authorized to post Advertisement or Notice in WiderAcad, but the head or president of the student activity council of the institute may post an advertisement to publicize the event to be organized by students. Moreover, the Institution body and faculty members can avail of this facility for academic purposes.
- We want our Service to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the WiderAcad community.
- You must be at least 16 years old or the minimum legal age in your country to use WiderAcad.
- You will only have one WiderAcad account, which must be in your real name We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You must not be a convicted sex offender.
- You must use a strong password and keep it confidential, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
- Our Services allow the sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information.
You shall not
- Post false, inaccurate, dishonest, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content, regardless of the person or entity to whom it is directed;
- Use the Service to annoy, harass, abuse, insult, personally attack, or send other unwelcome communications to others
- Post Personal Information about another person (e.g. an email address or phone number), confidential or proprietary information, or any information you do not have a right to publish;
- Post content which constitutes hate speech, including, but not limited to, that which attacks people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, political or religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, or serious disabilities or diseases;
- Post or promote any pornographic, intimidating, abusive, shocking, immoral, sexually inappropriate, or violence-glorifying materials or any content that violates any applicable legislation for the protection of minors or communicates in any sexually explicit or suggestive way;
- Transfer your WiderAcad account to another party without our consent, or operate an account under a false name or identity;
- Distribute or promote advertising or commercial promotional content, or send unsolicited advertising, job offers, or business proposals.
- Post requests for unauthorized copyrighted material (e.g. software, books, publications) or “pirated” or “cracked” versions of software;
- Intentionally infect others with viruses, worms, or other software that can destroy, interrupt, or collect their data or computer devices;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tools, data gathering, and extraction tools, or other automated means to access our Service for any purpose.
- Employ any mechanisms, software, or scripts when using the Service;
- Block, overwrite, modify, or copy any contents of the Service.
Changes to the Terms and Service
We reserve the right to modify the Services or to offer services different from those offered at the time of the User’s registration at any time.
We may change these terms and conditions so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms and allow you to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, you can delete your account.
Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
You will indemnify and hold WiserAcad (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms, your improper use of the Service, or your breach of any law or your violation of the rights of a third party.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly acknowledge and agree that the use of the platform and the service is entirely at your own risk and that the platform and the service are provided on an "as is" or "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind. All express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights are expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law WiderAcad, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the platform and your use thereof. WiderAcad makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the platform's content or the content of any third party websites linked to the platform and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the platform and service, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the platform, (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the platform by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, communicated, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the platform or the service. WiderAcad does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the platform or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and WiderAcad will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and/or other users and/or third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.